T-Kartor’s wayfinding platform
A City Wayfinding system is complex, with a hundred or more overlapping maps from the same master basemap at slightly different rotations, often using different styles for specific situations. As new stakeholders (from public transport, cycling, tourism, events and business) increase demand, new signs are added and a greater area of coverage. All this information must be managed and kept up to date in the long term.
T-Kartor implements and maintains the world’s largest and best known City Wayfinding systems. Our LLAMA City Wayfinding platform makes the complexities of your wayfinding system clear and manageable, with a geographic visualisation providing the perfect overview of all your wayfinding assets.
LLAMA packages decades of experience to guide users through all the necessary stages of designing, implementing and maintaining a robust City Wayfinding system, with intuitive tools to manage each stage:
- Foster project champions by sharing access to the portal as the basemap is developed. Show basemap progress as the basemap grows and new products are installed on-street
- Collate stakeholders’ contributions for everything from content selection to proofreading, with comments saved in position on the master basemap
- Allow individual levels of access to project members with varying responsibilities
- Share all project files in one place (e.g. print files), and link them to the map where required
- Plan the distribution and roll-out of signs directly in the portal, by placing and rotating map frames, choosing between product types and outputting a draft version
- Store all product type templates and design guidelines in one place to ensure consistent information across all the city’s wayfinding maps
- Create automated and semi-automated map outputs, allowing simpler edits to be carried out in-house and affording economies of scale for large production batches
- Download short-notice diversion maps for emergency travel disruptions
- Visually track the progress of sign installations and updates to the basemap
- Manage all your information assets from the portal with a geographic overview and visual record of each product
- Track changes in the basemap and link these to products affected
- See the current print file associated with each information asset
- Create a sign maintenance regime using ‘Smart Updates’, directing resources where they will add most value
- Check information overlaps for consistency
Follow City Wayfinding
Subscribe to our newsletter and get updates regarding City Wayfinding.
Learn more about our database driven system
See a collection of hand-picked blog articles describing our database driven system in detail